Saturday, August 23, 2008

eminem was right

didn't eminem say something about "you gotta lose yourself in the music..."

well, I am notorious for getting song lyrics wrong, but I'm choosing to go with my own personal interpretation of what I think he said. (didn't I warn you that my middle name was "myinterpretation")

so while my trial run to check out the new route to the new school was exhilarating, it also included a very VERY long walk. and some rain. and an unbearable ache in both my shoulders from my bag that seems very durable and also painfully heavy, even with nothing in it!
(If the bag isn't going to fall apart due to it's own self loathing at what an un-ergonomic mess it is, then I'm going to have to put it out of its misery myself- Hello expensive and comfy OGIO in a pretty burrberry plaid...)

how did i survive such adversity? I took eminem's advice- he's always wearing tracksuits, I imagine he walks a lot. I untangled my earbuds, turned up the volume and embraced the fact that being over thirty makes it possible to look a bit odd in the name of ignoring all present pain.

Yeah, that was me marching down toward the Clinton Blue line, all swagger while I stepped to the cadence of Phillly Phil's "get buck in here"remix. I wanted to cry just a little because my shoulders felt like i had been doing chestflys at the gym for about three years straight. oh-shutup. i just multiplied what my 30 seconds of chestflys last month felt like by, well, too many. that's how I know what that feels like!
I have to tell you, by the time I'd made it through my shakira/ani difranco playlist, i was feeling no pain. I was even lip syncing along to juanes and TLC!

It looks like I am not only going to be shelling out over $100 a month for a train pass, but I will also be walking about 2 miles a day once it's all said and done. Although, thanks to eminem's wise advice, I will not be whining about it much! (who said wearing velour gets in the way of being taken seriously)

!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Sabrina,

This is off-topic...but you should get a Facebook and join the rest of us WC buddies! You and Anthony are the only ones not on there so far (Helen doesn't count).

Hannah